Green Beans with PanAfrica! Mother Seasoning
Green Beans with PanAfrica! Mother Seasoning are a quick and tasty side for any weeknight meal or for your sunday dinner.
Whenever I cook Green Beans or string beans, I think of my grandmother. I have memories of my mother taking her to the farmers market early in the morning where she would buy fresh produce and locally made food products. She would prep the beans for cooking by cleaning & snapping them into a bowl. Cooking them down with a piece of salted meat made this side into a full meal. These ain't my grandmama's green beans but they're still hella good. Make these and they will quickly become a weeknight favorite for vegans and meat eaters alike.
- 1/2 lb string beans
- 2 garlic cloves or as many as your heart desires
- 1-2 teaspoons of PanAfrica! Mother Seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Clean green beans
- Peel and slice the garlic
- Add olive and butter to a pan on low to medium heat
- Once olive oil and butter are melted, add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add green beans and PanAfrica! Mother seasoning and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add water and reduce heat to a simmer, until all of the liquid is evaporated and beans are tender but still have a bite
- Serve as a side or meal over rice and enjoy!
**To make this dish completely vegan and to serve as a meal, add mushrooms or meat alternative and serve over rice or potatoes.