PanAfrica! Honey BBQ Sauce
Try this easy homemade honey bbq sauce recipe for your cookout this summer!
- 1 cup ketchup preferably organic
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp liquid smoke (we use hickory flavor but use what you like)
- 1-2 tsp mustard or ground mustard
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsponion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 pimento seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine all ingredients listed in a pot and stir to combine.
- Heat on medium heat and when sugars are dissolved and mixture starts to bubble and thicken add water, turn down heat to a simmer
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until water is reduced by 1/2 and the sauce is thick and shiny.
- Store in a glass mason jar and use to baste meats or as a dip. Enjoy!